Our Type EY e-Rated®
transformers are an easy choice for building owners looking for energy-efficient solutions with exceptional performance even in lightly loaded settings such as schools and commercial buildings. Because most distribution transformers are loaded less than 35% on average, we designed our e-Rated® transformers for extremely low no-load (core) losses with an advanced full and step-lap, miter-cut core design with grain-oriented silicon steel.
- Reduced power consumption, transformer heating, and A/C loading
- Efficiencies exceed requirements of U.S. DOE CSL-3, NEMA Premium, and CSA Standard C208.2-00
- Typical paybacks of 2-5 years versus TP-1 transformers
- Useful life of over 30 years with negligible maintenance costs
- Helps earn LEED® certification points
- Available in K-Rated 9, 13, and 20