Avocent Universal Management Gateway Appliance
The Avocent Universal Management Gateway is the first data center appliance that enables true, real-time, integrated monitoring, access and control across IT and facilities systems in the data center.
- Comprehensive DCIM platform in a single pane of glass
- Convenient single U chassis – reduced rack space and footprint
- Complete connectivity (IPMI, SNMP, OPC, Modbus, BACnet, Velocity)
- Physical sensor aggregation
- Easy installation across various remote access technologies
- Up to 40 simultaneous KVM sessions Up to 1024 service processors; wide variety of servers managed
- Up to 40 full auto-sensing ports KVM and SPM capability per port (using the UMIQ-V2)
- Data collection – up to 10,000 data points per minute
- Real-time information across IT and facilities
- FIPS 140-2 compliance: based on the FIPS 140-2 validated cryptographic modules (certificate numbers 2473 & 1279)
- Consolidated Management and Universal Connectivity: Combines the functions of KVM over IP and Universal Connectivity, serial console over IP, rack PDU, SP, and environmental sensor management into a single chassis, for a complete in-band management solution that supports a broad range of IT platforms.
- Enhanced Security: Shields embedded service processors from unauthorized access, reducing the risk of malicious intrusion.
- Always-On: Highly reliable, local, remote and out-of-band access to data center and IT infrastructure ensures that monitoring, control, and management can be done at any time, from any place.
- Streamlined Installation: Leverages pre-built service processor profiles for discovery and management, streamlining discovery and setup for newly installed hardware.
- Multi-Tenant Design: Creates a secure environment, improving compliance and auditing tasks for customers considering Colocation and Cloud implementations
Brochures and Data Sheets
- Avocent Universal Management Gateway
- HP & UMG Solution Brief
- Three Key Values of Consolidated Infrastructure Management Solution Brief
- Avocent KVM Adapter Compatibility Matrix
- Avocent Management Appliance Comparison
- Data Center Infrastructure Solutions-Channel Products Catalog
- Avocent Universal Management Gateway 6000 End of Life
- Service Processor Management Data Sheet
- Securing and Maintaining DELL Infrastructures
|Service Processor Management||✔||✔||✔|
|Serial Console Management||✔||✔||✔|
|Environmental Monitoring (Sensors)||✔||✔|
|Number of Access Ports||40||40||40|
|Number of consecutive KVM users||N/A||40||40|
|Service Processors Supported||256||512||1024|
|Data Collection (datapoints/minute)||1000||5000||10000|
|Storage (RAID1 Mirroring)||2 x 250GB||2 x 250GB||2 x 250GB|
|Networking||2 x 1GB||2 x 1GB||2 x 1GB|